Skonie Cookie Crumb Coffee Cake
Makes one 9inch round or 15 muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
12 Cinnamon Sugar Skonies Crushed
1 box vanilla or yellow cake mix
¾ cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs lightly beaten
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, softened and cut into small pieces
2 Tbsp. + 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- In a deep bowl vigorously stir together cake mix, eggs, water and oil until thoroughly combined and there are no lumps. (You may use a hand mixer for this if desired). Stir in cookie crumbs.
- In a separate bowl mix brown sugar and cinnamon together. Using a knife, or a pastry blender, cut the softened butter into the mixture. Use your fingers to further combine the mixture until it looks like wet sand.
- Grease pan or muffin tin or use non-stick spray.
- Pour one half of the batter into the pan or muffin tins.
- Divide the brown sugar mixture into two bowls. Sprinkle one bowl of the brown sugar mixture evenly over the batter.
- Pour remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mixture over the top of batter.
- For cake pans, place in preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. For muffin tin bake for approximately 22-25 minutes.